Who is the Sussex MSK Central Team?
The team is largely made up of Patient Care Advisors, Extended Scope Practitioners and Consultants. We aim to transform people’s experience of being treated for musculoskeletal (MSK) conditions (those conditions which affect the muscles, joints or bones) by putting people in control of their own healthcare and delivering care that is tailored to individual needs.
How do we work?
We put those with musculoskeletal conditions at the centre of everything we do, shifting the question from “what’s the matter?” to “what matters to you?” This involves enabling people to
- Understand health choices and feel involved in their care journey.
- Have visibility of their care journey and be able to hold us to account for delivery of health goals.
- Be supported to self-manage MSK conditions.
What do we do?
We support the four main areas of MSK care:
- Self Care – giving people and their carers the tools needed to manage their condition as part of your everyday life at home, and connecting them with people and organisations who can continue to support them.
- Primary Care – working with GPs and Practice Nurses to make sure they are connected to our service, ensuring that they have the latest education and training to deliver the most up to date treatment and care, and when people are discharged after being seen by our service, their GP is connected to and understands their care plan.
- Community Based Specialist MSK Care – community teams of physiotherapists, podiatrists, doctors, specialist nurses, osteopaths and occupational therapists to deliver a truly joined up service with clinical staff all working together to agree a care plan which recognises the individual’s health goals and supports people to achieve those goals.
- Hospital Care – if an operation is needed, giving people a choice of a wide range of hospitals. We work with hospital teams to ensure that people receive the right care and appropriate follow up and rehabilitation following surgery.
Visions and Values
Our values were created by members of staff and patients and reflect what’s important to us individually and as a service. Every year we take time to come together to reflect on what they mean to us, how we see them in action and what we need to do to bring them more to life in the service on a day-to-day basis.
Keeping these values in mind and reflecting on them regularly helps us to stay focused on what really matters and support us to deliver a service we can be proud of.
The SMSKP values are:
Integrity and Transparency – ‘Visible decisions and shared goals’
Autonomy, Proactivity and Accountability – ‘Responsible and response-able’
Respect and Compassion for patients and colleagues – ‘Seeing the whole person’
Learning and development for all – ‘Bringing out the best’
Innovation and Creativity – ‘Leading the way’
Positivity and Passion – ‘Celebrating success and team work’
Meet the team
Jon Ota, Managing Director for Sussex MSK Partnership
I lead the team at Sussex MSK Partnership. What most interests me is the role health and social care services can take in supporting people to live life to the full.
You may also like
10.04.2018 | by Sangeetha Sornalingam
Hearing what matters: Inviting the Benfield community round for tea
13.03.2018 | by Phoebe Munson
Enabling easier person-centred access to hand and wrist physiotherapy in Sussex
22.01.2018 | by Joanna Hillier
Innovating mental health and wellbeing services across Brighton and Hove
Jobs in the Sussex MSK Partnership Central team
Find opportunities to join the Sussex MSK Partnership Central team
MSK Patient Care Advisor
Who we are
Welcome to Here. We help people to live well. Through partnerships with primary care and providers in health and social care, we create health services and solutions which are shaped around the needs of the person. We are a not-for profit, social enterprise, membership organisation based in Brighton delivering in Sussex and nationally.
The Sussex MSK Partnership team is largely made up of Patient Care Advisors, Extended Scope Practitioners and Consultants. We aim to transform people’s experience of being treated for musculoskeletal (MSK) conditions (those conditions which affect the muscles, joints or bones) by putting people in control of their own healthcare and delivering care that is tailored to individual needs
The Sussex MSK Partnership (SMSKP) is recruiting for a Patient Care Advisor within the administration team based in Brighton. We are responsible for administering all aspects of administrative service delivery, including the booking of patients, coordination of diagnostic results, working with clinicians, resolving queries and supporting delivery of services that exceed patient expectations.
A Patient Care Advisor will work within their allocated pathway, ensuring seamless delivery of the pathway’s services. They will work with GP practices, hospital and community staff and clinicians to navigate patients to the most appropriate services for their needs in an accurate and timely manner. They will support the delivery of efficient clinical services by ensuring that patients are proactively managed at all stages of their care.
What is needed
Friendly, accommodating and compassionate people who can help to change the way health and wellbeing services work so care can focus on what matters to individuals.
People who do well here are those who care: about the broader system, about each other and about themselves. We believe the capacity to lead is within us all: we need your expertise to best enable others to do their work. Our people create with purpose and in possibility: we need more people fired up by doing the work they see is needed in the world.