Who is the Sussex MSK Central Team?
The team is largely made up of Patient Care Advisors, Extended Scope Practitioners and Consultants. We aim to transform people’s experience of being treated for musculoskeletal (MSK) conditions (those conditions which affect the muscles, joints or bones) by putting people in control of their own healthcare and delivering care that is tailored to individual needs.
How do we work?
We put those with musculoskeletal conditions at the centre of everything we do, shifting the question from “what’s the matter?” to “what matters to you?” This involves enabling people to
- Understand health choices and feel involved in their care journey.
- Have visibility of their care journey and be able to hold us to account for delivery of health goals.
- Be supported to self-manage MSK conditions.
What do we do?
We support the four main areas of MSK care:
- Self Care – giving people and their carers the tools needed to manage their condition as part of your everyday life at home, and connecting them with people and organisations who can continue to support them.
- Primary Care – working with GPs and Practice Nurses to make sure they are connected to our service, ensuring that they have the latest education and training to deliver the most up to date treatment and care, and when people are discharged after being seen by our service, their GP is connected to and understands their care plan.
- Community Based Specialist MSK Care – community teams of physiotherapists, podiatrists, doctors, specialist nurses, osteopaths and occupational therapists to deliver a truly joined up service with clinical staff all working together to agree a care plan which recognises the individual’s health goals and supports people to achieve those goals.
- Hospital Care – if an operation is needed, giving people a choice of a wide range of hospitals. We work with hospital teams to ensure that people receive the right care and appropriate follow up and rehabilitation following surgery.
Visions and Values
Our values were created by members of staff and patients and reflect what’s important to us individually and as a service. Every year we take time to come together to reflect on what they mean to us, how we see them in action and what we need to do to bring them more to life in the service on a day-to-day basis.
Keeping these values in mind and reflecting on them regularly helps us to stay focused on what really matters and support us to deliver a service we can be proud of.
The SMSKP values are:
Integrity and Transparency – ‘Visible decisions and shared goals’
Autonomy, Proactivity and Accountability – ‘Responsible and response-able’
Respect and Compassion for patients and colleagues – ‘Seeing the whole person’
Learning and development for all – ‘Bringing out the best’
Innovation and Creativity – ‘Leading the way’
Positivity and Passion – ‘Celebrating success and team work’
Meet the team
Jon Ota, Managing Director for Sussex MSK Partnership
I lead the team at Sussex MSK Partnership. What most interests me is the role health and social care services can take in supporting people to live life to the full.
You may also like
13.12.2019 | by Jason Willcox
Creating collaborative partnerships for outstanding community care
22.11.2019 | by Zoe Nicholson
Celebrating bringing outstanding care to our communities
13.08.2019 | by Stephen Cracknell
Improving access to GP appointments in East Sussex
Jobs in the Sussex MSK Partnership Central team
Find opportunities to join the Sussex MSK Partnership Central team
Managing Director – Sussex MSK Partnership Central
Here and Sussex Community (NHS) Foundation Trust are looking to appoint a talented leader with aligned values and a proven track record within the health and social care environment to lead Sussex MSK Partnership (Central).
This is a unique opportunity to lead one of the few prime contracts in the country and will be of interest to a health care leader ready to take on the challenge of building on the success of the partnership to date but with the vision, ambition and inspiration to take it to the next level and seek to spread its reach and influence.
About the Sussex MSK Partnership – Our Purpose is to put patients in control
Sussex MSK Partnership is a proven and unique and innovative expert MSK delivery organisation that combines the best of our local NHS, specialist orthopaedic knowledge to deliver clinical designed and driven pathways of care to a single standard of quality and excellence for all patients designed according to their specific needs. The prime contract was first let in 2014 and has been recently extended until 2022 by the Commissioners of Crawley, Horsham and Mid-Sussex and Brighton and Hove. It is one of the largest integrated prime and alliance contract covering MSK services in England and has a proven track record of putting patients in control of their journey and reducing demand on secondary care services through shared decision making by 8%.
The Sussex MSK Partnership (‘the Partnership’) is made up of the following organisations:
- Brighton and Hove Integrated Care Service (BICS)
- Horder Healthcare
- Sussex Community NHS Trust
- Sussex Partnership Foundation NHS Trust
The postholder will be employed by Here.
Download the Job Description and Person Specification for more details on this role.
Guidance for applicants:
- An informal discussion is highly recommended. Please contact Camellia Mester on 01273 560218 to arrange a time to speak with Jon Ota – current Managing Director.
- Please complete a One Page profile by clicking here before the informal discussion.
- To apply, please follow this link NHS Jobs to submit an application.
- Selection date is fixed and alternative dates cannot be negotiated.
- Selection process will include: Panel interview, presentation to colleague group and group session with some of our patient partners.
Closing date: Midday 3rd February 2020
Interview date: 14th February 2020
Here are committed to equality and valuing diversity.