Who is the Sussex MSK Central Team?
The team is largely made up of Patient Care Advisors, Extended Scope Practitioners and Consultants. We aim to transform people’s experience of being treated for musculoskeletal (MSK) conditions (those conditions which affect the muscles, joints or bones) by putting people in control of their own healthcare and delivering care that is tailored to individual needs.
How do we work?
We put those with musculoskeletal conditions at the centre of everything we do, shifting the question from “what’s the matter?” to “what matters to you?” This involves enabling people to
- Understand health choices and feel involved in their care journey.
- Have visibility of their care journey and be able to hold us to account for delivery of health goals.
- Be supported to self-manage MSK conditions.
What do we do?
We support the four main areas of MSK care:
- Self Care – giving people and their carers the tools needed to manage their condition as part of your everyday life at home, and connecting them with people and organisations who can continue to support them.
- Primary Care – working with GPs and Practice Nurses to make sure they are connected to our service, ensuring that they have the latest education and training to deliver the most up to date treatment and care, and when people are discharged after being seen by our service, their GP is connected to and understands their care plan.
- Community Based Specialist MSK Care – community teams of physiotherapists, podiatrists, doctors, specialist nurses, osteopaths and occupational therapists to deliver a truly joined up service with clinical staff all working together to agree a care plan which recognises the individual’s health goals and supports people to achieve those goals.
- Hospital Care – if an operation is needed, giving people a choice of a wide range of hospitals. We work with hospital teams to ensure that people receive the right care and appropriate follow up and rehabilitation following surgery.
Visions and Values
Our values were created by members of staff and patients and reflect what’s important to us individually and as a service. Every year we take time to come together to reflect on what they mean to us, how we see them in action and what we need to do to bring them more to life in the service on a day-to-day basis.
Keeping these values in mind and reflecting on them regularly helps us to stay focused on what really matters and support us to deliver a service we can be proud of.
The SMSKP values are:
Integrity and Transparency – ‘Visible decisions and shared goals’
Autonomy, Proactivity and Accountability – ‘Responsible and response-able’
Respect and Compassion for patients and colleagues – ‘Seeing the whole person’
Learning and development for all – ‘Bringing out the best’
Innovation and Creativity – ‘Leading the way’
Positivity and Passion – ‘Celebrating success and team work’
Meet the team
Natalie Blunt, Managing Director
David Gilbert, Patient Director
Selma Stafford, Clinical Director
You may also like
20.01.2021 | by Sarah James
Adam Doyle visits the Brighton Racecourse Covid Vaccination Centre
15.01.2021 | by Sarah Bartholomew
The Covid Vaccination Site at the Brighton Racecourse Opens its Doors
13.01.2021 | by Sarah James
Your local Covid Vaccination Centre needs you!
Jobs in the Sussex MSK Partnership Central team
Find opportunities to join the Sussex MSK Partnership Central team
MSK Clinical Nurse Specialist
We are looking to recruit a part-time clinical nurse specialist to join our growing team.
This role will be working primarily in Brighton and Hove, with opportunities to undertake work across Central Sussex with teams in Mid-Sussex and Horsham. Our varied team consists of specialists from a range of professional backgrounds including psychologist, consultants, pharmacists, physiotherapists and nurses. The pain pathway is being developed with MDT and patient partner involvement.
SMSKP Central is a unique organisation that seeks to bring together the best of our local healthcare and specialist orthopaedic, pain and rheumatology knowledge to deliver quality care for all patients according to their specific needs. Our approach to care is to put patients at the heart of their decision making.
We are looking for people who want to work in partnership with patients to help them understand and manage their long-term needs. Central to this is the focus on identifying what truly matters to our patients using motivational interviewing and shared decision making, providing patients with the information they need to be able to make informed decisions about their journey. We work to ensure that our culture is one that allows everyone to come to work as their ‘whole selves’ and we are looking for interested candidates who want to treat patients in the same way.
As part of the wider pain team you will have opportunities for personal development as well as service development. You will be fully supported in your clinical practice, through case reviews, supported learning and development. You will engage with patients through one to one treatments and assisting with the running of our pain management programmes.
This would suit someone who has had some experience of working with people with chronic pain, and would like to develop your interest further.
We offer a good training programme for staff and the service is well supported to deliver patient centred care by our Personalised Care Lead and Patient Director.
Apply for the role by following this link to NHS Jobs and submitting an application.
Closing date 15/01/2021
Interview date 22/01/2021
Contact for any questions/ informal visits, please contact email@example.com
Here are committed to equality and valuing diversity.
MSK Patient Care Advisor/ Administrator
Are you a brilliant and compassionate healthcare administrator? We are looking for someone who is responsible and response-able: an energetic and focused individual who works hard with their team to support every patient through their healthcare journey.
We are the Sussex MSK Partnership a unique local, not for profit partnership bringing together primary care, specialist musculoskeletal care, community and mental health and well-being experts to deliver the whole musculoskeletal service in central Sussex. Our commitment is to a truly integrated MSK service that is effective, efficient and compassionate.
What will you be doing? As a Patient Care Advisor you are the first point of contact for our patients and you will be supporting delivery of services that exceed their expectations – so you’ll be booking appointments, coordinating diagnostic results, resolving queries and working closely with our fantastic team of clinicians. You will be proactively managing patients at all stages of their care.
We celebrate innovation and creativity and change happens often here so you’ll have opportunities to contribute to the way we do things. We believe in bringing out the best in all our colleagues so you can learn and develop as an individual. We’re not going to lie – we work very hard and so looking after ourselves is really important which is why we have daily mindfulness as well as yoga, art club, football and other Wellness groups.
- £18,243 per annum pro rata
- The role is a substantive post. We are open from 8am-7pm Monday – Friday
- Full time/ part time and flexi time will be considered
- 37.5 hours per week
- Based in Brighton
- To submit an application, please follow this link to NHS Jobs
- Contact for any questions firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing date: 29/01/2021
Here are committed to equality and valuing diversity.