Who is the Sussex MSK Central Team?
The team is largely made up of Patient Care Advisors, Extended Scope Practitioners and Consultants. We aim to transform people’s experience of being treated for musculoskeletal (MSK) conditions (those conditions which affect the muscles, joints or bones) by putting people in control of their own healthcare and delivering care that is tailored to individual needs.
How do we work?
We put those with musculoskeletal conditions at the centre of everything we do, shifting the question from “what’s the matter?” to “what matters to you?” This involves enabling people to
- Understand health choices and feel involved in their care journey.
- Have visibility of their care journey and be able to hold us to account for delivery of health goals.
- Be supported to self-manage MSK conditions.
What do we do?
We support the four main areas of MSK care:
- Self Care – giving people and their carers the tools needed to manage their condition as part of your everyday life at home, and connecting them with people and organisations who can continue to support them.
- Primary Care – working with GPs and Practice Nurses to make sure they are connected to our service, ensuring that they have the latest education and training to deliver the most up to date treatment and care, and when people are discharged after being seen by our service, their GP is connected to and understands their care plan.
- Community Based Specialist MSK Care – community teams of physiotherapists, podiatrists, doctors, specialist nurses, osteopaths and occupational therapists to deliver a truly joined up service with clinical staff all working together to agree a care plan which recognises the individual’s health goals and supports people to achieve those goals.
- Hospital Care – if an operation is needed, giving people a choice of a wide range of hospitals. We work with hospital teams to ensure that people receive the right care and appropriate follow up and rehabilitation following surgery.
Visions and Values
Our values were created by members of staff and patients and reflect what’s important to us individually and as a service. Every year we take time to come together to reflect on what they mean to us, how we see them in action and what we need to do to bring them more to life in the service on a day-to-day basis.
Keeping these values in mind and reflecting on them regularly helps us to stay focused on what really matters and support us to deliver a service we can be proud of.
The SMSKP values are:
Integrity and Transparency – ‘Visible decisions and shared goals’
Autonomy, Proactivity and Accountability – ‘Responsible and response-able’
Respect and Compassion for patients and colleagues – ‘Seeing the whole person’
Learning and development for all – ‘Bringing out the best’
Innovation and Creativity – ‘Leading the way’
Positivity and Passion – ‘Celebrating success and team work’
Meet the team
Natalie Blunt, Managing Director
David Gilbert, Patient Director
Selma Stafford, Clinical Director
You may also like
18.06.2021 | by Sarah James
Hello Rich Taunt: Introducing Rich, Here’s new Lead Non-Executive Director
05.03.2021 | by Sarah James
Get on Board at Here - Chair and Non Executive Director vacancies
01.02.2021 | by Sarah James
Brighton Racecourse Vaccination Centre - Venue Information
Jobs in the Sussex MSK Partnership Central team
Find opportunities to join the Sussex MSK Partnership Central team
Clinical Practice Lead
We are looking for an experienced and innovative leader with a wealth of MSK experience to join our clinical leadership team.
As a primary and community provider of MSK services we are at the heart of a local redesign of MSK services in response to the national agenda. This provides a fantastic opportunity to be able to influence and shape how MSK services within the organisation and the locality are delivered moving forwards. The expectation of this position is to play a key role in how we currently deliver services and ensure we continue to make the most of challenges and opportunities that arise. This is a new role that will evolve over time and that you will have the ability to influence.
The Sussex MSK Partnership is a unique local, not for profit partnership bringing together primary care, specialist musculoskeletal care and community, mental health and wellbeing experts to deliver the whole musculoskeletal service in Sussex. We are committed to providing a truly integrated MSK service that is effective, efficient and compassionate. Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust is the main provider of community NHS health and care across West Sussex and delivers care in collaboration with other NHS providers under the Sussex MSK Partnership.
You must be a UK registered AHP or Nurse to apply, with an extensive range of musculoskeletal expertise. Recent senior clinical level experience and experience of clinical governance is essential. Working at MSc level or equivalent would be advantageous. Applicants should be committed to delivering high quality care and have excellent communications skills. You will be required to work across the geography of the service.
In return we can offer you:
- Flexible working patterns
- Support for your leadership development including coaching and mentoring
- Commitment to and support for your wellbeing
- Excellent therapeutic and newly-refurbished working environments
If you are passionate about making a difference and want to contribute to an organisation which is continuously striving to improve then we would love to hear from you.
Please follow this link to NHS Jobs and submit an application if you are interested in this role.
Additional contact information
Laura Finucane, Head of Clinical Delivery
Closing date 08/08/2021
Interviews: Monday 23/08/2021
Here are committed to equality and valuing diversity.